Category: Liga Nacional
Match: Peñarol (Mar del Plata) vs. Gimnasia y Esgrima (Comodoro Rivadavia)
Initial time: Monday 01:30 CET – Sunday 21:30 ART (-3 GMT) [24-01-2021]
Tip: Peñarol (Mar del Plata) to win with an Asian handicap of 11.0 points
Again, I think this game could be more equilibrated than the odds.
- Gimnasia y Esgrima are in the eight position, with 13 wins and 10 loses.
- They lost 4 of their last 5 games.
- Their play-maker, Sebastián Orresta, was injured last week and they will not play for many days.
- 3 of their key players, Franco Giorgetti, Juan Manuel Rivero, and Sebastián Vega, are injured and they didn’t play the last 2 games (defeats against Obras Sanitarias, and Platense). If some of them can play tomorrow, I think that couldn’t play for many minutes.
- Peñarol are in the twelfth, with 8 wins and 13 loses. They are fighting to access the playoffs.
- They were playing bad, but without the previous coach (Carlos Romano) they won 2 of their last 2 games. Their 2 loses were against “big teams” and only by 6 points:
o Boca Juniors won 80-74.
o Today, Obras Sanitarias won78-72.