Fact: most betting platforms are the same
Today’s online casino market is extremely competitive. There are so many operators around that sometimes it feels extremely hard for new players to pick one to register and play. All these companies are trying to stand out from the crowd in different ways.
They promise better rewards and a better playing experience but if you take a little bit more detailed look at the technical aspect of these houses, you will find out that there are much more similarities than differences.
Namely, things in the online casino industry work in a very similar way to, let’s say, the automotive industry.
You can find tons of car models from different brands that share engines and feature similar mechanics. Operators also share technologies, and many casino websites are actually based on the same platform.
Does this mean that they all offer the same experience, or there are still some notable differences? Let’s find out in the following paragraphs.
What is a Betting Platform?
As we’ve just mentioned, many online casinos are based on the same betting platform. Simply, when someone is getting into the world of casino operators, the first thing to do is to create a platform where all interactions between players and online casinos are done.
This includes all kinds of different aspects of online betting, starting from games, payments, data protection etc.
Instead of building a platform from the scratch, it’s much easier to buy technology from some of the renowned providers.
That is beneficial in so many ways, starting from the fact that companies that have big experience are likely to do things much better than someone who is new in this field. Of course, there is also the matter of time, expenses etc.
So, we could say that a betting platform is a system that serves as a basis for every online casino. This platform allows operators to interact with customers in every way.
It needs to be built up to meet specific preferences of a certain casino but basically, it is here to ensure all aspects of online betting work.
Benefits of Betting Platforms
Online casinos share betting platforms, as we’ve just mentioned, and that’s for a good reason. There are many benefits of betting platforms so let’s take a look at some of them.
• They are cheaper: For a new operator, it would cost much more to build its own platform from the ground than to buy one.
• They are better: Even if the operator decides to build a new platform from the ground, it will hardly be better than the one designed by a company that has much more experience in the business.
• They support various game providers: A great thing about these platforms is that they are designed to support games and other products from various operators, which means that online casinos have all the freedom to create, for example, a games library in the way they want, without any boundaries.
• They support various payment methods: Most platforms support all kinds of payment services by default, which is crucial for attracting a wide range of customers.
• They are safe: Betting platforms are designed in a way that they follow the latest safety protocols and meet the highest standards regarding players’ safety.
Many Houses Use the Same Platform
Considering all the benefits we’ve just mentioned, it’s not a rare case that finds a platform that’s used by so many different houses.
One of the popular platforms is the SBTech platform
, which is common among sports betting houses, but also popular among online casino providers. The company is located in the Isle of Men and operates under UK Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority licenses.
It already won several industry awards, so it’s no wonder that there are numerous online casinos that are based on its platform.
This company is already present in more than 20 countries and has 8 offices around the world. With over 1.000 employees, this company covers pretty much every aspect of online gaming, including the highest standards in sports betting and iGaming.
The company is present in USA, Mexico and numerous European countries, such as the UK, Italy, France, Cyprus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Romania, Greece, Poland, Ireland etc. Some of the popular casinos that use the SBTech platform are Fast Bet Casino, BetHard Casino, Untold Casino, Winmasters Casino and many others.
The catch with the SBTech betting platform is its modularity. This means that, when it’s used as a basis for a certain online casino website
, it can be adapted to the operators` preferences in so many ways. For example, there is the matter of operators. This platform supports products from so many providers, including the most renowned players in the market. Some of the best-known names in the business are Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, Play’n Go, Red Tiger, Playtech and many more.
Payment services are another very important aspect. A proper operator needs to offer a variety of payment methods to their player and that’s why this platform supports all kinds of payment services, including PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, Wirecard, SafeCharge etc.
SBTech Isn’t the Only Platform Provider.
Of course, this isn’t the only company that’s developed a betting platform. There are many other companies that have developed their architectures, which are used by various operators around the world. Some of the names that come to mind are:
• Playtech - the largest provider in the industry
• BetConstruct – Armenia-based company that offers both software and hardware betting solutions
• BtoBet – a company that offers a highly modular platform that can meet the requirements of markets from all parts of the world
• Bit8 – one of the leaders when it comes to applying the latest AI technologies to the online casino industry
• Softswiss – a Belarus-based company, which was the first one to accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
• Kambi – one of the leaders in sports betting industry solutions
• iSoftBet – this company has offices all around the world and its platform is famous for offering a fantastic playing experience, along with numerous innovations in the field.